Saturday, August 29, 2009

VeloPro

It's been several days now and I have yet to admit to myself that I am addicted to this:

http://armorgames.com/play/4355/cyclomaniacs


I believe I've become a flash games junkie. "Cyclomaniacs" doesn't exactly help with it's multiple achievements waiting to be unlocked, and the multitude of characters that can also be unlocked. The music...well...I mute it whenever I play. The creators have a sense of humor at least, something I usually look for in a flash game if it's lacking in other areas. Blarg...I want to program one someday, been a long wish of mine. If I ever kick myself in the ass enough to take classes, and then kick it some more to actually do it...hmmm I feel sad thinking about it.

I was also thinking about this:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/91116/movie-trailers-avatar


Although at first it looks slightly misleading, where it seemingly could be the animated show "Avatar: The Last Airbender" which aired on Nickelodeon for a few seasons....it is actually James Cameron's next epic. While I can't really completely judge "Titanic" (his first Oscar glutton, high budget, mega hit), I can say that what I did see seemed gag worthy corny. I just can't take Leonardo DiCaprio seriously in ANYTHING. He is always going to be a squirt, I think that's the right word. While "Avatar" looks stunning, it is pretty much a redux of "Dances With Wolves" and "The Last Samurai" with a sci fi story. I like pretty blue gigantic aliens though, heh, I will give it a view...it might be an illegal view online but that's what you get when you're broke.

As for "Avatar: The Last Airbender"...it is being made into a film and renamed just "The Last Airbender" because Cameron took a stink to them stealing any glory from his precious film. Might be a shock to some but...M. Night Shyamalan is the director of said children's film. Good God. Good God. All I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment